We have come a long way since 1973, some of us actually joined the club back in the 70’s and have seen it come from a shed on a block of land, to what it is today. A sophisticated multi-million dollar complex with a healthy membership and many long term staff members.
We, the Hoppers Club Committee Members are dedicated to the longevity of your Club because we want to ensure the Club’s success for many years to come. We truly believe in the club and its unique service to the Hoppers Crossing, Trugannina, Tarneit and Werribee residents.
So if you are not already a member of our Club and are yet to experience everything Hoppers Club has to offer, then we invite you to visit our Club and see for yourself why we are so proud of our Club.
- Ron joined the Hoppers Crossing Club as a member in 1975.
- In November 1984 Ron was voted as the First President of the Hoppers Crossing Club Ltd.
- Ron remembers 1985 when Friday nights were playing pool with a generator for power.
- Ron saw the first clubhouse opened in September 1986 by the Mayor Mrs Pat Goodwin.
- In 1988 Ron started up the “Bowls Club”
- Ron was elected President of the Club in 1991.
- Ron is the Licence Nominee of the first gaming machine licences which were established in 1993.
- Ron was awarded Life Member of the Tennis Club, the Bowls Club and the Hoppers Club.
- Ron has received the Club Vic “Club Person of the Year” Award.
- Ron is the current President 2019
- Robert has lived in the Hoppers Crossing area since 1987 after he discharged from the RAAF.
- Robert and his wife joined the Club around 2003 to have a local place to go and relax and meet other people that live in the area.
- Robert remembers the club being half the size it is now.
- Robert joined the Social Travel Club and was elected President in 2008-2009.
- After being elected to there board in 2009 Robert then served as a director
- Robert was elected Vice Chairman in 2011
- Robert is the current Vice Chairman in 2019
- Wayne has been a member since 1999.
- Wayne has been a board member since 2001.
- Since 2002 Wayne has bee the Club Treasurer.
- Wayne is Chairman of the Finance Sub-Committee.
- In the past Wayne was Treasurer of the Social Travel Club.
- Wayne was the treasurer of the Tennis Sub-Club.
- Wayne is RSA & RSA qualified.
- Wayne has an achieved outstanding education in his field with 2nd Class Honours
- In 2015 Wayne became a Life Member of the Hoppers Club.
- In 2019 Wayne is the current Treasurer
- Colin joined the Hoppers Crossing Club in the mid 1970’s
His first active participation as a member of The Club was playing pool on Friday nights (with a few drinks) at the Mossfiel Drive tennis pavilion.
In 2005 Colin joined the Hoppers Bowls Club and has served on several committees and currently holds the position of Vice-President.
Colin has also represented the Bowls Club in pennant competition since joining the club.
He won the Bowls Club 2014/2015 singles championship.
Colin was elected to the Hoppers Club Board in 2016.
My name is Daryl Bishop and elected to the board of directors in February at the clubs AGM. I have lived in Hoppers Crossing for over 30 years, and have been a member of the Hoppers club for approximately 20 years. I am the president of the Social Travel Club (for 11 years out of fifteen). In my career, I was a service manager for 23 years for an industrial packaging company managing all aspects of the service business including managing and preparing the budgets for the service division. I have watched the Hoppers Club grow over the years and believe that it is a truly family club and not just a sporting club. I applied to become a board member, as I believe that the club needs committed people to help take it in to the future.I am now semi-retired, I believe that the skills that I have learnt over the years as a service manager dealing with all types of companies and people I can help the club to grow.
Profile to come
What I bring to the Board of the Hoppers Crossing Club is 12 years of experience in the Utilities Sector and 15 years in the Finance industry in varying Customer Service, Training, Business Analysis and Vendor Management roles. I believe the skills will make my tenure on the Board of Directors an effective one and continue the club on the path to success.
The Club has provided me with the opportunity to make many friends, participate in sporting & social activities and a place that I can feel relaxed and enjoy a meal. Ensuring that is available for all to experience is the reason that I nominated for the Board.
- Michael joined the Hoppers Club as General Manager in January 2013
- His previous position was Chief Executive Officer Club Grove
- Michael has 30 years experience in senior management and consultancy positions within the Hospitality, Education and Health Industries
- Michael’s formal qualifications include Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma Hospitality and Tourism, Advanced Diploma of Business Management, Diploma of Management
- Michael is also a qualified Cook and a qualified Workplace Trainer and Assessor
- Awards received by Michael include CCAV Bowls Club Manager of the Year, CCAV Chairman’s Award for Excellence and Tourism Training Australia National Training Legend and more recently CCV Club Manager of the Year
- Michael has representation on a number of Industry Advisory Boards and Committees and holds membership within a number of professional bodies
- Michael’s main passions outside of work are family and fishing
Would you like to make our Club your Club…