Lawn Bowls offers an opportunity to participate in a social and competitive sport for all ages, genders, nationalities and abilities. We have the facilities, equipment and coaches to get you started. Promoting the sport of Lawn Bowls is a focus of the Hoppers Bowls club which is achieved by offering corporate and social events, regular Barefoot Bowls events and we work closely with Bowls Victoria to offer Schools Challenges and support other initiatives.
The Hoppers Bowls Club was established in 1985 by local residents of the community who established the Hoppers Club. The Hoppers Club (5,000 members approx.) now has 9 sub clubs providing social and sporting opportunities for its members that’s creates a belonging to the local community. A number of the foundation members still participate today. Recent initiatives that ensure the Hoppers Club and Hoppers Bowls Club remains a community club include installation of solar panels, redeveloped bowlers area, major renovations completed etc. The recognition by Community Clubs Victoria at the recent Club Awards on awarding the Hoppers Club the Best Club Refurbishment and Best Club Manager (to CEO Michael Lewis) ensures the Hoppers Club is on the right path to success! The Hoppers Bowls Club looks forward to another successful year both on and off via of a number of initiatives underway including;
• Continuing to promote lawn bowls socially and competitively to all ages, abilities, genders and nationalities
• Participating and hosting local school students and participating in the Bowls Victoria program “Schools Challenge”
• Weekly Barefoot Bowls events
• Corporate, birthdays, festive etc. functions throughout the year
• Our highest Saturday Pennant Team has been promoted to Division 2 and the challenge of competing against quality bowlers is welcomed
• Mid-week Division 1 pennant also pits our bowlers against the best in the region.
• New grass green opened January 2017
Please call Steve Bartlett for further details on 0411 158 621.